Hire the FLYABILITY ELIOS 2 + Pilot
ELIOS 2 the first drone for intuitive indoor inspections
1. What is the Flyability ELIOS 2 drone / what are the differences to the ELIOS 1?
The Flyability ELIOS 2 drone is a further development of the ELIOS 1 drone. The main differences are the better camera quality and the optical stabilization of the drone. From now on the drone is also no longer gimbal-mounted in the cage, so that on one side no rods can be seen in the video. On the other hand, the drone can no longer roll along structures with the cage. Both has advantages and disadvantages. Because the ELIOS 2 has several sensors for stabilization (optical flow) it is much easier to control than the ELIOS 1. Furthermore there are some new features like the creation of 3D models by photogrammetry and also the execution of measurements in the created images. The quality of the video transmission has also been improved. The flight time has not changed much, but the ELIOS 2 is louder than the ELIOS 1.
2 Who is the manufacturer of the Flyability ELIOS 2 Drone?Like the ELIOS 1, the ELIOS 2 is handmade by Flyability in Switzerland. Flyability has developed and improved the drone for years with great financial effort and numerous industrial partners. So far, there are no comparable solutions on the market.
3. What can the flyability ELIOS 2?The ELIOS 2 drone is collision-tolerant and can fly in confined spaces. Due to the cage and the distance sensors there is always a fixed distance between the ELIOS and the object to be inspected. Restriction: Outdoor flights are limited because the cage acts like a sail.
In particular, the following inspections can be carried out with the ELIOS 2 drone:
- Inspection of industrial chimneys (indoor areas)
- Inspection of building envelopes (interior areas)
- Inspection of pipe compensators
- Inspection of constant hangers
- Inspection of spring hangers
- Tank inspection by drone
- Vessel inspection by drone
- Inspection of digesters / digestion tanks
- Inspection of water tanks / clean water containers
- Inspection of chemical reactors
- Inspection of flue gas scrubbing systems
- Inspection of burners (in coal-fired power plants, for example)
- Inspection of superheaters
- Inspection of steam turbines
- Shelf inspection by drone
4. What makes the Flyability Elios 2 drone special?The obvious special feature is of course the cage, but the ELIOS 2 scores especially with its high-resolution camera, the extremely bright lighting and numerous sensors that help the drone to hold its position.
5. How long is the flight time of ELIOS 2?The ELIOS 2 flies with one battery for about 10 minutes depending on the ambient temperature. The concentration that is required when flying in complex environments and the battery life go hand in hand. We have never found the flight time to be too short.
- A battery change takes less than a minute (more likely 30 seconds).
- In our experience, with about 10 batteries a seamless flight operation is possible.
6. Is the ELIOS 2 drone suitable for my application?Our company, Kopterflug has already made a number of proof-of-concepts for different industries. We work regularly throughout Germany, but we can also visit any destination in Europe and, if desired, outside Europe and make a proof of concept together with you
7. In which industries is the ELIOS 2 used?The special characteristics of the ELIOS drone make it suitable for an extremely wide range of applications. As far as we know, the ELIOS is currently used in the following industries:
- Oil and gas
- Public Engineering
- Power generation
- Steel mills
- Chemical industry
- Public safety
8. Can the Flyability ELIOS 2 drone also be used outdoors?The ELIOS 2 can generally be flown outdoors, although it must be remembered that the cage acts like a sail. Outdoor flights are therefore extremely difficult and can only be carried out under very good weather conditions.
9. Buy, rent or try out ELIOS 2No matter what question you have, even if you already own ELIOS 2 drones, contact us!
We would be pleased to take over the training of pilots on the plants in your company for you!